TUESDAY, September 15, 2020 – 2:51 AM
- Allegro Vivace first movement
- Andante Cantabile second movement, and an
- solo trombone
- piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons
- E♭ clarinet, 3 B♭ clarinets, alto clarinet (bassett in F), bass clarinet (bassett in B♭)
- 2 cornets in B♭, 2 trumpet in F, 2 trumpet in E♭
- baritone, 2 horns in F, 2 horns in E♭, 3 trombones, 3 tubas
- snare drum, bass drum, cymbals
The Concerto for Trombone and Military Band by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov was written in 1877.
This concerto was composed for a fellow marine officer Leonov and premiered at a garrison concert at Kronstadt on 16 March 1878. The American premiere took place in June, 1952 at The Mall in Central Park, New York City with Davis Shuman, trombone and the Goldman Band.