THURSDAY, April 1, 2021 – 11:37 AM
This for students of all ages and their parents. In the beginning most people have no idea what happens in lessons, or what music reading is, or anything else related to what we as music teachers do. For the average non-musicians, trained musicians somehow seem like wizards right out of Harry Potter, while the rest of the world is divided into muggles and squibs. Here are some things you should read about:
- Download and assemble my keyboard chart
- Why the parent is the most important person in the room
- A diagram for lines and spaces
- There are no squibs in music
- All about fusion
- When is a child ready to take lessons?
- Setting up for an online lesson
- To Memorize or Not To Memorize
- What is musical illiteracy?
- Note names are a trap
- Two systems for naming notes
- My online method book, and why I did it
- So, you are new and want to buy a digital piano
- How do we read piano music?
- Acoustic or Digital?
- What is wrong with reading?
- When did language and musical literacy peak?